- 10-12 oz extra wide egg noodles
- 1 lb beef (I used 91% lean ground beef, but you can use steak tips or whatever beef you have on hand)
- 1 14oz can reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 medium white onion (finely chopped)
- 14 ounces baby bellas (sliced)
- 1/3 cup sour cream (I used light for less fat)
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp spicy brown mustard
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Minced garlic
- In an extra large skillet, heat the olive oil and garlic over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and mushrooms and saute until cooked (about 5 min).
- Add the beef and cook until browned.
- Add the tomato paste and flour, and mix until combined.
- Pour in the beef broth and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat and let simmer for about 15 min, stirring occasionally.
- In a large pot, cook the egg noddles according to the package directions.
- Remove the sauce mixture from heat
- Add the sour cream and mustard, and stir until combined.
- Add seasonings to taste.
- Transfer the sauce mixture onto your cooked noodles, and mix until noodles are completely coated.
- Add additional parsley as a garnish and serve.