Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs chicken breast – shredded (store bought rotisserie chicken or boil chicken breasts and shred the meat. We use 2 lbs, but 1.5 lbs should be plenty)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 of a 32 oz can of chicken broth
- 22.6 oz can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 12 oz bag of frozen peas
- 4 carrots (1/2 in dice)
- 6 stalks of celery (1/2 in dice))
- 1 medium white onion (finely chopped)
- 8 oz tube crescent roll dough
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp rosemary
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Minced garlic (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, and spray a 9x13x3 in baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and optional garlic over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, celery and carrots and cook until softened (about 10 min).
- Add the cream of chicken soup and chicken broth, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat (if the mixture is too thick, add water to thin it out to your preference).
- Reduce the heat and let simmer for about 10 min.
- Remove from heat, and add the shredded chicken and frozen peas.
- Add seasonings to taste.
- Transfer the mixture into your baking dish.
- Open the tube of crescent roll dough, and roll out if needed to fit over the contents of the baking dish (the dough only needs to cover the inside of the dish).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the dough is golden brown.
- Let cool for 10-15 min before serving.