Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- 1 box of Jumbo Shells
- 1 jar of good quality pasta sauce
- 15 oz Ricotta cheese
- 8 oz Mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Pinch of garlic powder and/or garlic salt
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Put a large pot of salted water on the stovetop on high heat. While you wait for the water to come to a boil, prepare the filling.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the ricotta with 6oz mozzarella, 3oz parmesan and all the herbs/seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Once the water is boiling, add the shells and cook as directed.
- When ready, drain in a colander and rinse with cool water, gently separating any noodles that may be sticking together.
- In a large casserole or lasagna dish, ladle a cup of sauce and spread it over the bottom of the dish.
- Fill each shell evenly with the ricotta cheese mixture and arrange one row at a time over the sauce.
- Ladle the remaining sauce over the shells.
- Sprinkle the remaining 2 oz of mozzarella on top of the shells and sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1oz parmesan cheese evenly over the top.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil, tented slightly so it doesn’t touch the noodles or sauce.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool at least 10 min before serving.