- 1 stick butter (8 tbsp) melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4-5 very ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2 tbsp granulated sugar (as needed)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8X8-inch baking pan with nonstick spay, or line it with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer (or a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer), beat together the butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the bananas and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until just combined.
- Add the nuts or chocolate chips (if using) and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the granulated sugar over the top (as much as you like).
- Bake about 40-45 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool slightly in the pan on a rack.
- Slice and serve warm with butter.